Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BULK: a student again....

i have never looked around for job. i've never felt urged to look for a job, until i've graduated and i stayed at home without certain determined future.

at first, i thought i wont be pursuing studies again since the experience of writing my research paper during the final sem of my degree really worn me out. i'm tired and i learned to hate it, very much. and so, thats what i told people around. my aunt, my mom, my siblings. but as i sat around and not doing anything, i felt restless, and a little bit of ashamed. i cant find a job (which suits my likings) and of course, its difficult to find a job to suit my likings. i initially want to be a lecturer since i was 8, and the only key to be a lecturer is at least to have a masters degree. i thought i would be able to go through like some LUCKY DEGREE HOLDERS. and again, only LUCKY ones. and i'm obviously not one of them.

i came across a lot of vacancy for lecturers but i'm not eligible to apply, so i couldnt. frustration, restlessness, and shame started to build up. i began to feel remorse for not applying. friends and family around me started to look intimidating and i really despise the feeling.

i called a friend who seemed to know more about the situation and she told me that my faculty is currently preparing to offer some eligible students of my degree batch to pursue masters in the same faculty, Academy of Language Studies UiTM. i called the respective lecturer to confirm the matter and he told me to just sit and wait for the letter. and i waited. for students who does not reach certain required cgpa to receive an offer, they have to apply for the masters and 2 of my friends did. feeling insecure, i called the lecturer again to verify the matter bcoz i thought if i didnt apply, i wont get to pursue the next sem, meaning in january 2011. and his reply was very unconvincing. and i thought, here goes another wasted sem, and i have to wait for another sem to apply for the programme.

and when i was about to grieve for my carelessness to miss the date, i received a call saying i've been offered to pursue my studies in my former faculty and i was like, THATS EXCELLENT! alhamdulillah, another way opened is laid right in front of me, and without hesitating, i accepted the offer and spread the good news to everyone i know.

and now, i've started my life as a Masters by Research student under the LG780 programme, Applied Language Studies. hopefully, it could be completed in 2 years time.

i have a certain future now. and i'm really thankful for that. ;)

p/s: argh! student again! luckily i dont have classes and exams. phew!

1 comment: