Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BULK: tiring anticipation....

note: since i have been IDLE from my blog for quite a long time, i will be posting multiple outdated pending posts. thats why it is BULK posts. ;)


JULY 2010

so, i finished my degree, i graduated, and i am happy. returning home is my first long-awaited anticipation. returning home here means gathering all my books, and i mean all boxes of my collection during the time i studied in uitm shah alam since 2006. my law books as well as my english communication books. two boxes, lots of bags, and numerous tiny small little things (that i collected inadvertently as time goes by) that makes my small kelisa looks smaller with all the stuff but thank God, they all managed to go in. and i happily went home as a freshly graduated unemployed person.

AUGUST 2010

the first thing i worked on was my novel. and its completed sometime early of july (i guess). i eagerly sent the manuscript, and now i'm tired of waiting for the result.

i worked as a substitute teacher in a primary school for approx 2 months, and i accepted my former boss' offer to work with him but i only lasted for three days since the person he asked me to replace had already find a more permanent replacement and i know better than to stay working as an office girl. but i gained something. i now know how to work with excel. LOL. before this i've always despised excel but now i realised its the best application to work on!

NOVEMBER 2010

its my big bro's wedding, and its also my convocation day on EXACTLY the same day, 28th of november.. and i'm honoured with first class degree. can u guess what did i choose? of course. the wedding. i had a very difficult time dealing with people who tried to arisen resentment in me for deciding to not attend my OWN CONVO DAY. and i passed the days barely by crying twice, and thats it.


well, i know most people can never rationalise my choice but for me, its not a very difficult choice to be made. i cried and i decided not to go. my parents could not say a thing about it. as for me, i've been looking forward for the wedding more than my convo. for me, convocation is not really a something. it becomes something because people made it into something from nothing. they claimed it as a very special day for u to signifying the finishing of school and ur graduation. thats it. as long as i know i've graduated, doesnt matter if i cant go. plus uitm is very well known to be the university with the MOST STUDENTS, and when it says MOST, it means MOST. the number of uitm students graduating each year is horrifying, and outstanding since the number of intake as well is BIG. and the convo? please use ur imagination. tq. thats why i hate it when its convo time. uitm shah alam will become very crowded as well as shah alam. maybe the natural feeling of not liking the situation led to me being not very anticipating of my own convo day. and so, the day passed. and until now, i have no regrets. i still can rent the convo robe and go to the studio for some CONVO PHOTOS. so its not really a big deal. for me. moreover, attending ur own convo ALONE is equivalent with not attending at all. agreed?

and the wedding? ITS AWESOME. i had a very great family time with my extended family who came all the way from KL, Sabah, Penang. thats why i didnt want to go to my convo. since we live very faraway from each other, we only meet each other around on special days, like raya, wedding, and long breaks. why would i miss that? never. being with my family is always the best day in my life. ;)


p/s: bulk posts will be continued in another post. tq. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment